The responsibility of the Project Engineer is to support the planning, execution and close out of construction projects under the direction of an assigned Project Manager. The Project Engineer will be assigned to multiple concurrent projects; and can at times, report to more than one Project Manager. The Project Engineer will be required to support the onsite field team as needed and related to the execution of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist the project manager with scheduling and conducting preconstruction meetings with clients, internal teams and handoff meetings.
2. Obtain and maintain all construction plans and drawings in PM software.
3. Assist the project manager with creating and tracking submittals and submittal logs.
4. Attends all job site meetings and internal coordination meetings. Document action items and follow up to ensure compliance by responsible party.
5. Assist the project manager in organizing, planning and implementing project goals and objectives.
6. Support operations to ensure project schedules and objectives are met.
7. Monitors work performance and accuracy, and tracks progress of work in place.
8. Asist project manager with creating and maintaining RFI’s and change orders.
9. Assists in preplanning of field objectives; in creating and maintaining 1-2 week look ahead plans.
Basis of Evaluation
1. Timeliness and accuracy of system data entry (e.g., COR’s, daily reports, weekly constraint log, QA/QC reports, productivity tracking reports, Project Management software documents, etc.)
2. Compliance with QA/QC processes
3. Follow-up on action items
4. Pace of learning and acquiring all requisite skills
Preferred Education and Experience
1. BA/BS Construction Management or in an appropriate technical discipline is desirable.
2. 0-5 years of construction project management experience.
3. Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel and one or more project management systems (experience with Autodesk Build, OST, QuickBid is particularly desirable).
4. Honesty, integrity and a strong desire to succeed.
5. Aptitude for learning new things.
6. Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
This position will be primarily based in the Tampa/Orlando, FL office, with frequent visits to surrounding jobsites. This person will be provided with a company issued computer and cellphone.
The work environment includes; temperature, noise level, inside or outside, or other factors that will affect the person's working conditions while performing the job.
The physical demands of the job, including bending, sitting, lifting and driving.
• Competitive base salary
• Competitive benefits package
• PTO plan
• 401K Plan+ Matching
• Accelerated career growth in a dynamic environment